Sunday, March 17, 2013

YOU CAN'T MUTE A MUTE


It's fourty-five after four in the afternoon and I am sitting next to a
clique of mutes here at a coffee shop in my town.
As you would imagine, they try to explain themselves through multiple gestures until
their peers understand their point.
But you (nor they) have any idea how incredibly loud they are.

The first five minutes they were here, I was too engrossed in my work to notice what their deal was.
I had assumed they were playing CHARADES or something.

Ten minutes later they were still quiet. I only heard them giggle every other half minute.

At first I thought that being next to them, I was in luck because I could get some
peace and quiet here while finishing my case study.
But now I'm involuntarily learning their single-syllabled vocabulary while wasting my time blogging about them instead of doing my work.

I hope I get done with my paper before my laptop's battery runs out...


No comments:

Post a Comment