Saturday, January 5, 2013

One Thing Remains

This is the title of THE song I've been listening to and singing over and over last year. I kind of abused the REPLAY button on this one.

I used to like songs because of their melody, but as the years went by... I realized I had a number of songs on my playlist, the lyrics of which were completely meaningless. From then on, I decided to filter my external drive's content and only keep the ones that had strong, heart-hitting messages (no this doesn't mean romantic love songs). I don't want to spend the rest of my life listening to fictional objects like 'starships that are meant to fly'; let alone be reminded every week that 'I gotta get down on Friday.' Other songs, though having sensible lyrics, remind me more of their awkward MTVs rather than morals I supposedly get listening to them.

The first time I had heard it played live was at Jesus Lifehouse Tokyo in Japan, back in November. I was really impressed! Because the first half was sung in English and the latter in Nihongo, I was able to notice that their rendition was really really close to the original. I have always wanted to play the drums part of the song and hear someone comment saying that it's a carbon copy of the real thing (ambitious I know!). I'm an amateur percussionist and I figure that emulating the two-second syncopated-rolling on 2:33 of the video, is the nearest I will ever get to my brother's professional drumming.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, listening to the song reminded me of the unconditional, unfailing and constant love God has shown me. He has blessed my life in more ways than I could have ever expected. Because of the miracles, mercy and especially His sovereign protection during my near-death experience last year (I'll blog about this soon), I see no reason why I (nor anyone) should deny His existence...GOD IS REAL and HE LOVES US!

Please do read the lyrics before missing out on hearing them in the video linked below :)


Higher than the mountains that I face
Stronger than the power of the grave
Constant through the trial and the change
One thing remains, one thing remains

Your love never fails it never gives up it never runs out on me. 

On and one and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I never ever have to be afraid
One thing remains

In death and in life I'm confident and covered by the power of your great love
My debt is paid there's nothing that can separate my heart from your great love 



(please pardon the muffled sounds- there are other better videos on youtube)

No comments:

Post a Comment